Overlap makes healthcare better for patients and their providers. We work with some of the world’s best healthcare institutions to help them get data from wearables and mobile apps into the clinical environment so they can manage disease more effectively. The Overlap product line spans iOS, Android and Web and has deep data visualization components.
As our part-time UI/UX Designer, we want your experience to help turn ideas into engaging experiences that are implementable.
- You are self-managed, know how to prioritize, meet deadlines and define deliverables.
- You can effectively communicate and present your design thinking to teams and stakeholders
- You can take a design from high-level concept to Sketch and Invision and static assets easily and quickly
- You write and speak English clearly
- Your are up-to-date on industry trends in UI and UX
- You are honest – You know what you don’t know and you have no problem raising your hand and asking for help.
- You’re obsessed with simplicity and consistency
- You’re okay working across the organization (product leadership, engineering, marketing and the CEO)
- You have knowledge of design trends in mobile and how to adapt designs across platforms
- You have experience working with visualizing large sets of data
- You have previous remote working experience
You will be:
- Collaborating with Overlap’s CTO, product lead engineers and CEO to align partner needs with company goals
- Augmenting UI and UX across our iOS, Android and Web application
- Working-off of our existing design UI on iOS, Android and Web
- Designing some marketing collateral and new features for the overlaphealth.com website
- Participating in project planning and project review (QA and post-mortems)
- Designing everything from logos to icons to QA’ing final work and assist with acceptance testing
- Focusing on shipping a beautiful product you’re proud of
- 3+ years of experience
- Most recent portfolio demonstrating both design skill and process across mobile and web
- Design experience with data visualization
- Experience in creating easy-to-use designs that display holistic thinking
- Acute attention to detail
- Experience with and proficiency in design and prototyping software (Sketch, Invision)
- Stellar presentation skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Sketch software
- Prototyping & wireframing software
How to apply
Send along a cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for Overlap and a resume. Email everything to email@example.com, including “UI/UX Designer” in the subject line. We look forward to hear from you!